Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Most Random Experience Ever

A few weeks ago I went to Wild Wings to watch the Bama game and met some other Bama fans. One was a guy who is my age that just moved down here as well from Tuscaloosa and actually grew up about 30 minutes from me. We exchanged numbers, hoping to have somebody to watch Bama games with. Every game one of us was out of town or in ttown, so we finally got together this weekend to watch a game. He said he had some friends from work that go to the University of Louisiana-Lafayette and it they were tailgating for the game and invited me.

These guys know how to tailgate with the best of them. Just because they go to a smaller school you would thing they go to a huge one with the tailgating. In all honesty, its an excuse to drink, but who needed those in college. I say this because three different people I asked couldnt tell me who UL-L was playing. I was dumbfounded by this conversation.

Me: So who are you guys playing?
ULL Fan: I have no clue.
Me: Are you going to the game?
Fan: Hell no, we suck.
Me: You watching the game on tv?
Fan: No, why?

I had no answer for him. I couldnt imagine going to all this trouble to dress up nice and pull out grills for an event I cared nothing about.....7 times a year.
So UL-L is terrible. They lost to Western Kentucky 48-21. Western Kentucky had lost to their last 28 opponents. Yeah.

So we go back to Wild Wings for the Bama game then met back up with the ULL folks to go out to one of the bars near the school. I asked Jeff (the guy from Bama) what this bar was like. He said it was like The Houndstooth.

Wrong.

I have never been to a place like this. First of all, it tries to pass as a club, with club music. Not my scene first of all. Secondly, I have never seen as many different kind of people hanging out at the same place. I dont know if this is like the only bar but these people:



Were hanging out with these people:


And these people:
trashy Pictures, Images and Photos

I kid you not when I say I am not exagerating to the diufferent groups of people in this place.

So now to the most random expeience maybe of my life (yes. i know, the ABOVE STORY does not touch this). So me and another Engineer named Barrett are heading to do a job in Arkansas. Im sleeping in the passenger seat when i hear him say "What the hell is going on here?".

I look up and this guy is trucking it out of the woods carrying something over his shoulder. He doesnt look for cars and crosses our 3 lanes, the median, and the other three lanes without breaking stride. He then dumps the package on the other side of the far guardrail and high tails is back into the woods. The package looked exactly the way a body would look if it were wrapped in a tarp. The way this guy was running we really thought it was. So we pulled over, and turned around, figuring we couldnt live with ourselves if we didnt.

This convo actually happened:
Barrett: Get out and look and see if its a body.
Cliff: I'm not going to get out.
B:Well we gotta see if it is.
C: I dont know that I really want to know.
B: Im getting out, YOU BETTER KEEP A WATCH ON THOSE WOODS AND WARN ME IF THIS GUY IS COMBING BACK.
C: Ok

At this point all the color has drained form his face as he is approaching the tarp. He reaches out his leg as far as he can to try to nudge this body. Looking back on it he may have been doing the Stanky Leg



So he flips the corner of the tarp with his toe and it a ton con copper wires. We look off the road and on the other side of the road is a dump. This guy had been digging in the the dump, finding copper wire to sell. At about 2 dollars per pound copper is pretty expensive. Watching the color return to Barrets face on the side of I-30 was priceless.

1 comment:

  1. That's really funny! I guess I know what to do if I ever lose my job -- dumpster diving. BTW- if you want to send some of Option A guys to VB, they are more than welcome to come.

    ReplyDelete