Monday, October 4, 2010

Bama Wins Big on Epic Weekend


So I got really lucky and got to go to the Bama-Fla game this past weekend. A top-10 matchup ended with us blowing out the reigning SEC East Champs 31-6.

On Friday at 3 my boss tells me I'm going to go on a job in Demopolis, Al. This is only about an hour south of T-Town. So I call up Darby and ask if he can possibly pick me up on Friday. My dad's last week of work in Baton Rouge is this week, so again I got lucky and could ride back with him. My plan was to finish the job, get the crew to drop me off in Demop and send the crew and equipment back to Louisiana and meet them back at the shop on Monday morning.

My boss tells me we need to be on location at 6 friday morning. So i go home at 3 thursday to try and get some rest. After packing and cleaning it was already 8 so I decided no sleep and met the crew at 10 to drive. We arrived at 6 and shot the job until around 4 in the afternoon. At this point I have been up 36 hours straight. Everything is going right until we start to leave the rig and one of my drivers gets the truck into a ditch.





It was actually alot worse than the photo shows, it was really close to just falling over and then we are in serious trouble cause there goes a 500K truck. So we end up getting it pulled out and im on my way to ttown. I man up and go out, eventually making it to a new record of 42 hours without sleep. While out I ran into an old high school friend, Sarah Pace. We graduated together and our junior year of college she transfers into engineering so she is still in school after 7 years. She tried to tell me she is ready to get out and leave college and I gave her this almost verbatim:




So I got to see alot of good friends on Sat. We were celebrating Hunters 25th birthday which made us remember when we were 21 making fun of Darby for turning 25. Sad day. I got to catch up with Darby, Tweeder, Blue, Hunter and his gf Ginger, Cross, Perez, Steve, Glover and his gf Sarah, Chuck and his wife Laura, and new folks like Cross' friend Mitch and Steve's friends Desh and Garrett. It was Desh and Garrets first game and I ended up sitting with them in pretty good seats in the upper deck. They loved every minute of it.




All in all it was a pretty good weekend. It was also a pretty good day at work down here after the LSU debacle this weekend. Somehow fitting, one of the guys caught an alligator yesterday and brought it in hog tied on the back of his truck. I guess gators are just not doing well all around this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment